April 18, 2019
Looking to volunteer?
Looking for an internship?
Our Vision is to provide a community where literacy training is accessible for everyone.
Our Mission is to empower adults and their families to reach their educational, employment, and life goals through free, learner-focused literacy programs.
Our Values are to provide impactful, learner-focused services to increase literacy skills while providing an all-inclusive community for all and practicing good stewardship throughout operations.
Who We Are
Literacy Chippewa Valley is a community-based literacy organization that offers adults the opportunity to gain the skills they need to make a better life for themselves and their families. We do this by taking the time to understand the unique needs of each learner and tailoring our services specifically to them. Using real-world applications to teach our students, we help them better retain their skills, empowering them to achieve their personal goals. Our free services not only help the learners and their families, they enrich the entire Chippewa Valley community.
Read more about us in the 2017-2018 Annual Report.
Who We Serve
Over the last year we helped 531 adults in Chippewa, Dunn and Eau Claire counties. This is up 20% from the previous year. Most of our students were born and raised in the United States. They make up 67% of our student population (Adult Basic Education students). English Language Learners (ELL) students make up the other 33% and are from 33 different countries.
CONTACT LITERACY CHIPPEWA VALLEY
510 S Farwell St, Eau Claire, WI 54701, USA
Summer Office Hours:
Monday: 8:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m
Tuesday: 8:00 a.m - 12:00 pm
Wednesday: 8:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m
Thursday: 8:00 a.m - 12:00 p.m
Friday : By Appointment